Copper Bonded Earthing Rod
SUBSTATION copper bond Earthing Rod is made from high tensile – low carbon steel core with molecularly bond by 99.99% pure electrolytic copper. Both ends are threaded. The choice of materials used to manufacture an earthing rod will determine the life and performance of the grounding system. The materials which SUBSTATION utilizes will provide rugged mechanical strength, high conductivity and excellent corrosion resistance.
Rugged mechanical strength is one of the most important features of an earthing rod for easy driving into hard solid ground with minimum effort and to prevent rod damage.
Solid Copper Earthing Rod
SUBSTATION Solid Copper Earthing Rod is made from 99.8% pure copper. It feature with high corrosion resistance and have exceptional durability for longer life. It is designed for use in area/site where extreme condition such as High Salt content or Moisture content and for site where prone to flooding. It is tested with BSEN 13601:2021 Standard.
Technical Details Specification
The following are feature and standard found in SUBSTATION earthing rod:
- SUBSTATION Earthing Rod is made from high tensile – low carbon grade steel core.
- Electroplated with 99.99% pure electrolytic copper and molecularly bonded. – Coating thickness of 254μm.
- No separation of copper bonding from the low carbon steel rod when observe from the fracture end of the earthing rod (i.e. good bonding between copper coated and steel rod)
- No crack will appear when the copper electroplated steel rod is permanently bend.
- Tested to the IEC Standard – 62561-2 Lightning Protection System Component (LPSC).*